From: Jim Crowley <[log in to unmask]>

Date:         Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:25:28
To:[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Roger's Pass, Fernie, Big Mountain Co-conspirators Wanted

Sounds like a great trip you have planned, Traven. 5 days at the Wheeler
Hut in early March should be quite an experience.

Try to fit in some of the smaller ski hills in southern B.C. / Alb.
during your visit, such as Castle, Red, and Whitewater. They may be
smaller than Fernie, but they are great places to ski with good snow.

I look forward to your TR. Take lots of photos.

FYI: It's named Rogers Pass, not Roger's Pass. The pass was discovered
in 1881 by Major Albert Bowman Rogers, a surveyor working for the
Canadian Pacific Railway.

I was corrected on this mistake in the first geology paper I wrote
nearly 20 years ago. The person who corrected me was the esteemed B.C.
geologist J.O. Wheeler, the son of A.O. Wheeler whom the Wheeler Hut is
named after. J.O. told me that Rogers would not have liked it for people
to be calling it Roger's Pass.

Jim