On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:22:20 -0500, Scott Braaten <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Here's the deal:  We'll get a general 3-6" of snow and sleet accumulation
>tomorrow before transitioning over to mostly freezing rain in the mountains
>on Saturday night.

Heading out to pick up Allen in a few minutes...then meeting JJ and Scotty D
at the gondi barn.  Will have a report on mtn conditions through 4pm when we
return.

I'm becoming more and more skeptical about my 3-6" and based on what I'm
seeing this morning down south (areas starting as freezing rain and sleet),
I think we'll only see an hour or two of snow before mixed precipitation.
Generally a 1-4" snow and sleet accumulation before freezing rain.

Binghamton, NY had heavy freezing rain at 25F which is just ugly.  25F is a
cold surface temperature for rain and not sleet to be falling.  Means the
warm layer is not too far off the deck there.

-Scott