Scott wrote:

> roger wrote:
>
>> In my mind, the pattern changed around xmas, when we got our first rain.
>> Although we did have a couple of very cold days, they were surrounded by
> >most of January being above average.
>
> Correct.  Late December is when the pattern changed, IMO.  We had our good
> weather pattern for 4-6 weeks from mid/late November through most of
> December.

These are plausible conclusions.  OTOH, 4-6 weeks was a little short for
the Nov/Dec wave and all waves have a few days when temps bounce back to
the mean for a while.  The Pacific moisture didn't show up at Christmas,
did it?

The weather has been so oscillatory lately, it's just dang hard to figure
out when the pattern shift occurs.  Supposed to cool down late in the
weekend, we'll see if that's it.  Actually, it's better if the pattern shift
occurs late in Feb, to allow for an awesome March.

Mig