Nice one, Allen and Sam. I really love the snowblade detail.

Two More Gaper Tales:
Last fall I hiked the West Side of Mansfield to get in shape for our traverse/benefit hike on
the LT we did in October. This is not on a usual trail tourists take, BTW. Ran into only one guy
all day, who asked me if I had seen "that lost dude" on the trail..I said no. He then
proceeded to tell me the "lost guy" had come over from the Stowe side, but hadn't realized
he was now descending on the West Side toward Underhill. Apparently he was bummed to
find out he was going down the wrong side from his car, etc., but was too lazy or tired to
bother hiking up 1/3 of the hill and over again...so he made the decision to go West...and
gomered down to Underhill--planning on hitching a ride ALL THE WAY AROUND
Mansfield..instead of just hiking back up!

Another time years ago, I was skinning up as dark fell with some other guys to do a night
ski...around the Spruce/hardwoods line (pretty far up the hill). At that elevation, in the cold,
as dark fell, my headlamp illuminated a young guy who was lying in the trail...he looked
dead, but was just asleep or resting, 'cuz as I approached to check out what the F was up, he
slowly got up. I stopped to see if he was OK...his eyelides were all frosted over, 'cuz he had
been laying in the snow half-asleep for a while, and his breath had frozen on all his
eyelashes, etc...he said he was just "tired" and that he had friends up ahead, and he had just
been laying down to rest for a while...I told him to keep moving and not lie in the trail
anymore...we never saw him again. I guess he lived.

Oh, then there is the famous saga of Johnny Bread-bags, but Scotty D tells that one better
than me...