Here's the 8:00 A.M. update I wrote for EasternUSWX:

February 2nd, 2008:  8:00 A.M. update from Waterbury, VT.

New Snow:  1.5 inches
Temperature:  27.5 F
Humidity:  89%
Barometer:  28.70 in Hg
Wind:  ~5 MPH
Sky:  Partly Cloudy
Cumulative storm total:  4.2 inches
Current snow at the stake:  16 inches
Season snowfall total:  117.8 inches

We had some 30-35 db composite radar returns come over the house this morning that coincided with fairly heavy snowfall, although that was only for about 10 to 15 minutes.  We didnít have any obvious icing here, although if I walk up and closely inspect our trees, there is a very light glaze on them under the latest round of snow.  Itís quite windy, and one of those days where I can hear the wind howling up in the terrain above us, even though thereís very little wind reaching the yard.  E and I just went out to determine if we wanted to shovel the driveway or use the snow thrower for this event, and after a couple of test scoops it was obvious.  Even though the accumulation from this event is only 4.2 inches, thereís a full-size storm packed in there.  E took a full shovel scoop in her test and it was very heavy.  Combined with the fact that there is a crusty layer in there somewhere, itís going to be nice to have the snow thrower grind it up.  It will be interesting to see what liquid equivalent values come out of this storm Ė but it certainly made a solid contribution to the snowpack.  Yesterday morning my reading from the snow stake in the yard was 12 inches, and today itís 16 inches.  That means that weíve had essentially no settling in the accumulation we got from this event, which definitely isnít what I see most of the time.

J.Spin