I have some old 165cm Trak Bushwackers with 3 pins. I have climbed the Antelop before on this set up and gone across the Lt to SB north and then down. Is there more steep climbing on the rest of the route?

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Evan Osler
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 4:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Dynafit

On Feb 4, 2008 4:22 PM, Bob Gifford < [log in to unmask]> wrote:

Anyone do this race on short fat fish scale skis without using skins?

One guy near me had Karhu Guides. I asked him if he had considered doing any of the race (LT section or Slide Brook section) without skins. He said he had never tried the skis without skins.

I also spoke to a woman who used a light-touring 3-pin setup (Fischer Outtabounds). It sounded like that was very helpful, especially during the ambiguous up-down section at the bottom of slide brook (I imagine it would be helpful at the final herringbone section too, possibly shaving a minute or so and a lot of pain).

-eo