It sounds like many schools in the area are cancelled today, although not for E and the boys at BJAMS in Morrisville.  I'm thinking of heading up to Bolton for a bit to see what the skiing is like before work, but for now here's an update from Waterbury:

February 5th, 2008:  6:00 A.M. update from Waterbury, VT.

New Snow:  4.9 inches

Temperature:  32.0 F

Humidity:  98%

Barometer:  28.85 in Hg

Wind:  Calm

Sky:  Light Snow

Cumulative storm total:  4.9 inches

Current snow at the stake:  18 inches

Season snowfall total:  123.2 inches

After measuring the snow on the snowboard, it turns out wed received 4.9 inches as of 6:00 A.M.  Its got decent loft and is rather fluffy, but its still a little sticky which is probably based on the temperature being right around freezing down here.  I roughly estimated a density in the 10-12% H2O range based on experience, but then decided to get a little more accurate water measurement using a graduated kitchen cylinder that we have.  Its still somewhat rudimentary, but I took a core sample of the snow and came out with 10.2% H2O, or liquid equivalent of 0.48 inches.  The snow has shut off now, but weve picked up another 0.2 inches of snow to bring us to 5.1 inches total from this event.

J.Spin

Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging.You IM, we give. Learn more. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.