We've just passed 8 inches of accumulation with this event here in Waterbury and it's snowing at a good inch per hour clip.  More weather details below:

February 6th, 2008:  7:00 P.M. update from Waterbury, VT.

New Snow:  4.2 inches

Liquid Equivalent:  0.44 inches

Ratio:  9.57

Snow Density:  10.4%  H2O

Temperature:  27.5 F

Humidity:  93%

Barometer:  28.56 in Hg

Wind:  Calm

Sky:  Moderate Snow

Cumulative storm total:  5.3 inches

Current snow at the stake:  19 inches

Season snowfall total:  128.7 inches

It looks like it was a bit above freezing here at some point today because there was a thicker layer near the top of the snow I measured on the board at 7:00 P.M.  It wasn’t really crusty, but I’d say the snow was falling at a temperature above freezing for a bit the way it was early this morning.  Even though there was probably a bit of consolidation in the snowfall down at this elevation, it still came in at 10.4% H2O when I measured the liquid of the latest round of snow (between 6:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M.).  It’s really been coming down hard the past hour (~1 inch/hour) and there are another 2.8 inches of snow on the snowboard at this point, so we’re already past 8 inches of snowfall accumulation for this event so far.  The radar suggests there’s plenty more to come.  I’ve updated the local ski area accumulations with latest information I’ve seen below, but there’s no doubt these numbers will continue to increase through tomorrow:

Jay Peak:  3 inches (5:54 P.M.)

Burke:  6 inches (2:28 P.M.)

Smugg’s:  8 inches (3:55 P.M.)

Stowe:  6 inches (2:00 P.M.)

Bolton Valley:  8 inches (3:00 P.M.)

Mad River:  10 inches (3:00 P.M.)

Sugarbush:  10 inches (3:00 P.M.)

Killington:  2 inches (4:00 P.M.)

J.Spin

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your "fix". Check it out. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.