 Below are printed, with permission given to use identifying
information, the replies that I received on this query:

We have been asked to verify whether there are any libraries or
librarians whose classes grant American Medical Association CME credits
or Nursing CEUs credits.  Please reply to me off-list.

Many thanks to Barbara and Charlotte and for their replies and
permission to use their names here.

Ellen
Ellen Rothbaum, MS, AHIP
Assistant Director
Daniel Carroll Payson Medical Library
North Shore University Hospital
300 Community Drive
Manhasset, NY 11030
Voice:  (516) 562-4324
Fax:  (516) 562-2865

1. For the past three years I've taught a 1-hour search class for docs
with CME credit and for two years a 2-hour search class for nurses with
CNE credit.  I have to go through my network's Continuing Medical
Education department and Continuing Nursing Education department
application process to get the credits approved.

Barbara Mercer, MLIS
Medical Librarian
Clinical Education Center Library at Brackenridge Hospital
1400 IH-35 Suite CEC C2.303
Austin, TX 78701
Tel. (512) 324-7000 ext. 77449
Fax (512) 324-7654
E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

2. My PubMed class, offered once a year under the CME umbrella, provides
the following (off of the flyer for this year):

"ACCREDITATION: Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego is accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to sponsor
continuing medical education for physicians.

CME CREDIT: Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego designates this
educational activity for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)
TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of
their participation in the activity.

American Academy of Physician Assistants: The AAPA accepts Category 1
credit towards the AMA Physician's Recognition Award from organizations
accredited by the ACCME.

Psychologists Accreditation Statement:
Mandatory Continuing Medical Education for Psychologists (MCEP)--MCEP
now recognizes continuing educational credit for courses accredited by
APA, CME-CMA-ACCME and ABPP.  Psychologists attending our conference
will receive CME accreditation through Rady Children's Hospital-San
Diego (formerly Children's Hospital and Health Center of San Diego, CA).

CA Nursing: The California Board of Registered Nursing recognizes the
use of Category 1 Continuing Medical Education credit toward credit for
contact hours.  Report "CMA Category 1 Credit" ACCME Provider."

Charlotte McClamma, M.S.L.S.
Medical Librarian
Rady Children's Hospital--San Diego
Health Sciences Library / MC 5043