Hello Medlibbers,

One of our anesthesiologists has given me a partial citation (accuracy of which cannot be verified) to an old article that discusses the concept of post-surgical mental deterioration (possibly in reference to Dupuytren's surgery).  Within this article the author references original work by Dr. Duypuytren on this phenomenon in 1819.

The information she has given is that the article was in a 1934 issue of the Archives of Neurology and Psychiatry.  She said volume 4 (but 1934 would have been volume 31 or 32) and definitely page 581.

I have tried all the databases (MEDLINE, EMBASE, and PsycINFO) and Google Scholar but can't get any references close to this topic in this time frame.  Only Google Scholar and PsycINFO list citations from that far back anyway.

Would anyone have any suggestions on where or how I could look for it?  Or would one of you 'libbers out there actually maybe have this journal that far back that could be manually checked?  (our local university has the journal but the old volumes are in off-site storage and without a more specific reference, they won't go hunting)

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Brad

Brad Dishan  MLIS, BSc
Medical Librarian

St. Joseph's Health Care, London
268 Grosvenor St.
P.O. Box 5777
London, Ontario  N6A 4V2
Canada

ph. 519.646.6100 x65727
fx. 519.646.6228
email.  [log in to unmask]

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in  reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other  than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this  in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.