How come statistics are so blasted hard to find!  I found a statistic in Canada but had searched through government site after government site in the US.  I'd settle for something even similar to this since its for the start of a talk.  Speaker wants some nice impressive statistic about falls caused by slipping on ice/snow.  Can be for the month, during a certain snowstorm, whatever...he's not picky.  I've found that 17% of all fractures treated in the ER are for distal radial fractures (but nothing about whether inside or outside).  I've found statistics related to falls but nothing that deals with falls due to weather conditions.  Anyone got anything handy or another suggestion of where to search?  Joy
Joy Kennedy, MLS
Northwest Community Hospital
Health Resource Library
800 W. Central Rd.
Arlington Heights, IL 60005-2392
Email: j1kennedy @ nch.org  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Phone: 847-618-5180; Fax 847-618-5189

This E-Mail/telefax message and any documents accompanying this transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of this E-Mail/telefax information is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action against you. Please reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and immediately delete/destroy the message and any accompanying documents. Thank you.