Colorado smells like sunscreen and sweat.
Colorado looks like blowing snow, big mountains, and blue sky.
Colorado tastes like fresh powder and fresh stouts.
Colorado sounds like hootin' and hollerin', bombs, and silence.
Colorado feels like...there is no comparison I can draw in words.

It snowed for the first day and a half. Then I saw the mountains!
Day 1: Vail. Tons of pow. Too many gapers. Getting use to elevation in low angle woods. Untracked, deep pow, springy. Mostly in-bounds, 'cept for West Vail Trees at the end of the day. Nice untracked lines!
Day 2: Copper. Fresh through the woods. Alone. Reminded me of a back home powder day. Soft and steep. Tight trees. An untracked ravine! Later in the day...Storm King tow to a bowl I can't remember the name of now...bordered the ski area boundry. Nice fluff inthe trees there. Maybe will be able to hit it again on a powder day and get the upper bowls untracked like the ET in Copper Bowl.
Day 3: Backcountry in Summit Co. with a guy who  runs Learn Outdoors, Michael Akerman...Slackerman...and one of his buds. (Michael used to work for AMC Rescue on Mt. Washington. Figure someone on this list might know him.) Beautiful blue bird day. Fresh pow. Dropped my first cornice. Yippee! Made laps. Three ascents. Decided I need a split board. Thought about quiting my job...I'll teach when my knees blow out ;)

Pics and video to come after I get back home. Hope everyone enjoyed the new snow!
Peace and Powder
Rachel

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.