I agree with Rachel.  I will ski alone and be happy by
myself but I usually have as much fun or more with a
friend even in less stellar places and conditions.

When I am with my friend Greg he always wants me to
lead.  Dunno why he does but sometimes it gets
aggravating it seems. When I come upon an untouched
line sometimes I stop and insist I won't go any
further until he takes it first.  I get a kick out of
watching him pull off some stuff sometimes that I
wonder if I would.  He is actually better than he
gives himself credit for I feel.  Most of my skiing is
solo but I prefer a posse or some companionship.
Jimski