YES! Doppler Scott coming through with magnificent news! I was up in Warren
Wednesday night of last week. The lady woke me up at 6 Thursday morning to
go see Good Morning America at Suga'bush but I wasn't having it. She came
back at about 8:45 am with a report of "rock hard groomers, television
madness, and swarms of gapers looking to get their mug on the tube." So we
took off and spent the day in Burlington which was really, really sweet. Got
a great used book, a really good meal, and met a ton of cool folk at the
local bars. Really impressed with the town, its energy, and the whole nine.
It reminded me of those great mountain towns of the west.
Back in gear on Friday but only for the morning. It was still pretty hard
but we stretched the legs on groomed stuff for a few hours. Saturday, of
course, improved things but both Missy and I knew that the 5 inches was kind
of a band aide. We got into some trees off Organ Grinder but it was pretty
much dust on crust in there with the exception of riders right which usually
fills up if the wind is moving. I'd say there were spots of half a foot, but
you still rattled during a turn. It was still pretty hard underneath. This
1-2 feet will have the hill riding beautifully again. Now... how do I get
out of work for Thursday and Friday again...
Anyway - great news. Thanks for the report. Praying we get some refresher
snows Thursday and Friday.
Thanks for the report - always look forward to it, Scott.
Colin