Hello All,

The following events are taking place within the next couple of weeks.
Please distribute widely.

Thank you,

Wes

Spring 2008 Workshops and Programs offered by

the Center for Cultural Pluralism

*Curriculum & Instruction: Going Beyond Conversations on Diversity and
Enhancing Our Abilities to Respond to Our Diversity **Mission* with Dr.
Shakti Butler.

March 26, 9:00-11:00a.m.  Memorial Lounge, Waterman
This workshop will provide a forum for members of the University of
Vermont to learn more about themselves and how to best serve the diverse
needs of students on our campus. Shakti Butler will lead a discussion
based on three articles and clips from her movies "The Way Home" and
"Making Whiteness Visible".

 *"Mirrors of Privilege: Making Whiteness Visible" *is a brilliant
documentary and a must-see for all people who are interested in justice,
spiritual growth and community making. It features the experiences of
white women and men who have worked to gain insight into what it means
to challenge notions of racism and white supremacy in the United States.
6:00p.m at McCarthy Arts Center, St. Michael's College.

*Deaf Culture in the Classroom* with Keri Ogrizovitch.

Tues. April 8, 2008 1-4p.m. in 104 Allen House
Focus:  An introduction to key themes and concepts related to Deaf
Culture in general and specific exercises and discussion to look at
these issues related to class practice (especially, issues of language
in curriculum, issues of students' self-identifying and resources for
further self learning or teaching tools).

*Trans 101 for Faculty with Jackie Weinstock and John Mejia*
April 11, 2008 Room 104 Allen House. Time to be announced

An introduction to key themes and concepts related to Trans
(gender/sexual) identities and specific exercises and discussion to look
at these issues related to class practice (especially, issues of
language in curriculum, issues of students' self-identifying and
resources for further self learning or teaching tools).

*For full descriptions of workshops and to register, please go to our
website at http://www.uvm.edu/~ccpuvm <http://www.uvm.edu/%7Eccpuvm>.*

*PLEASE REGISTER  by emailing [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
or calling 656-9511.*

--
Wesley J. Rodriguez
Graduate Assistant