Hi all,

I've got a question for those of you running carbonates on a MultiFlow or
MultiPrep system, or a Finnigan system using the acid pump.  After about 8
months of running waters, I'm gearing up to run some carbonate samples.  I
was about to test the acid pump (FMI Micropipetter) and found that the pump
was frozen.  When I took it apart, I found a lot of crystallized phosphoric
acid in it (I clearly didn't run enough water to flush out the acid).  Is
there an easy way to dissolve the crystals, or does anyone have any
suggestions to unfreeze the pump?

Cheers,

Bob

***********

Robert Michener

IRMS Laboratory Manager

Boston University Stable Isotope Laboratory

Department of Biology

5 Cummington St.

Boston, MA  02215

Voice: 617-353-6980

Fax: 617-353-6340

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Website:  www.bu.edu/sil/

"You are what you eat, plus a few permil!"

Great news: our book is now available!
Stable Isotopes in Ecology and Environmental Science, Second Edition
 <http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/book.asp?ref=9781405126809&site=1>
Click here
(http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/book.asp?ref=9781405126809&site=1)

to read more and to buy your print copy.