Posted on behalf of Dr. Ryan Casey:

Dear Colleagues,

Towson University has recently been awarded funding by the National Science Foundation to host a Research Experience for Undergraduates site in Urban Environmental Biogeochemistry beginning in Summer 2008.  We are now accepting applications for this summer and request your help in recruiting qualified students for this program.  Benefits include a $4500 stipend, room and board, and travel expenses to and from Towson University.
Students with backgrounds in Chemistry, Biology, Geology and Environmental Science are encouraged to apply.

Complete information and an online application form can be found at www.towson.edu/chemistry/reu.asp.  The application deadline is April 25,
2008 and admissions will be made on a rolling basis.

If you or your students require any additional information, please feel free to contact me.  Also, please forward this to any other institutions or individuals you think might be interested.

Thanks for your help!

Ryan Casey

Ryan E. Casey, PhD
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Environmental Science and Studies Program Towson University 8000 York Rd.
Towson, MD 21252-0001
T: 410.704.3051
F: 410.704.4265

Mark Monk
Laboratory Manager
Urban Environmental Biogeochemistry Laboratory
Fisher College of Science and Mathematics
Towson University
P: 410-704-2566
F: 410-704-3511
E: [log in to unmask]