Has anyone had experience with building their own oxidation reactors
with smaller ID tubing to improve their chromatography during the
combustion process?  I know how much of a pain it is to change these
reactors, and while a smaller ID/OD tubing will probably increase the
chances of breakages during replacement (not to mention potentially
decrease the life span of the reactor), for certain types of analyses
the performance gain may make up for it.

Also, is there a reason most users go with the 0.1 mm wires instead of
something a little thinner (say 0.05mm) to increase the packing
efficiency (and thereby reduce dead volume) and also surface area?

I have to admit that this is the first time I've ever had to purchase
reactors from Thermo (I inherited a stock from the previous technician)
and I actually laughed at the customer service rep who gave me the price
over the phone...

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Michael D. Kubo