Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.  Can you shoot me your vendors off list for your
0.5mm ID tubes and zero dead volume fitting?  I absolutely hate how many
tubes I break every time I need to change the reactor and would be
forever grateful if there is a way to avoid this.  I would even go so
far as to say you would deserve some kind of international humanitarian
award for this information!

Regarding the peak broadening issue, this is also something I've
considered, but I guess I've always assumed that the transition from a
small diameter capillary to the large diameter ceramic tube would trump
the turbulence introduced by the wire in terms of chromatography (but I
could be absolutely wrong, just my assumption).

Thanks again for the thoughtful comments.

Mike