With my limited experience with the eeepc,  I find the screen
adequate.  I find the keyboard challenging.It was my thought that USB
keyboards might actually be more useful than an external monitor.

The machine seems more rugged than a laptop. But laptops have 3 year
warranties avaialble.  But then again adding a 3 year warranty to a
laptop is close to the price of the lower end eeePC.

Lucie

--
Lucie deLaBruere
www.LearningWithLucie.com