Fellow Students,

Only a couple more days until spring break!  Most of the announcements below could be things to do when you're bored next week...write a poem or dig up some artwork for Vantage Point, take a survey for the Computer Depot or Writing Center, or be a good neighbor and shovel someone's walk if you're staying in town.  If you're feeling really ambitious, apply to be the SGA Treasurer!

Town Meeting Day had historic turnout this year!  It is estimated that 89 percent of Burlington's eligible voters came out to the polls.  We were truly inspired to see so many of our peers participating and making themselves heard.  If you haven't seen the election results yet, you can find them here:

http://www.ci.burlington.vt.us/ct/elections/results-1.htm

Have a wonderful break and safe travels!

Always at your service,

Kesha and DaVaughn

In this email:

* What Is SGA Doing For You?

* This Week In Athletics...

* Vantage Point Submissions Due March 17th!

* Take a Survey About Your Computer Helpline and Depot Experiences...

* Visit Growing Vermont for Local Products in the DC

* 2008 Summer U Crew: Hot Jobs. Cool Cash.

* Volunteer With Operation Snow Shovel

* Help the Writing Center Help You!  Take the Survey...

What Is SGA Doing For You?

Interested in Managing a Huge Budget and Helping Others? Apply To Be the SGA Treasurer!
Applications for Treasurer of the Student Government Association are now available in the SGA Office. Applications can be picked up between 9:00 am - 4:30 pm and must be returned by March 31, 2008.  Any questions?  Stop by the SGA Finance Office (311-C Davis Center) or email the current Treasurer, Sarah Shackett, at [log in to unmask]

Want to Know What the SGA Presidential Candidates Think About Your Issues?
Submit questions for the Presidential Debate to Secretary of Elections Emma Grady ([log in to unmask]).  Listen to the candidates' answers live on Thursday, March 20th at 7:00 pm in Waterman Memorial Lounge!

This Week In Athletics...

Saturday, March 8
Women's Basketball vs. Binghamton: Patrick Gymnasium @ 1:00 PM

March 17th submission deadline fast approaching!

Vantage Point, UVM's literary/artistic magazine, is seeking submissions of all sorts!  We welcome a wide variety of work- from poetry, prose, personal essays, critical essays and short stories to visual art of any medium.  Whether you prefer photography, sculpture, painting, illustration, digitally manipulated images or printmaking, we encourage your contribution.  All images are requested in .jpeg form.  Please send any and all submissions (or enquiries) to [log in to unmask] by March 17th for inclusion in this Spring's edition.

Take a Survey About Your Computer Helpline and Depot Experiences...

This survey is about your most recent experience with the UVM Helpline or UVM Computer Depot Clinic.  Please respond even if you have never used the services, as we are trying to get a rough estimate of which students use the services, and which do not.
Another main goal of our data collection is determining the best hours of availability for students to access these services, so we are very interested in the questions about hours of operation.  Thank you!

Link: http://www.uvm.edu/~helpline/surveys/etscs208/etscs208.htm

Visit Growing Vermont for Local Products in the DC

"With 240,000 households in Vermont, it translates into about $1.3 billion spent on food by Vermonters each year. If Vermonters were to shift just 10% of their food purchases to buying locally grown food products, that could potentially add an additional $130 million to
Vermont's economy" --www.vermontagriculture.com

And did you know that we have a student run store right here on campus that sells only local products?!   Well, we most certainly do, so be sure to visit the Growing Vermont store in the Davis Student Center to make a difference with your purchase.   Growing Vermont is located across from the Print and Mail Center just down the hall from Brennans
pub.

Come visit us today!

2008 Summer U Crew: Hot Jobs. Cool Cash.

Join Summer University in providing dynamic, quality experiences to Summer high school, college, and international students! As a Program Assistant (PA), you will be trained, supported, and supervised by a Continuing Education professional Program Developer or Program Coordinator.

Please visit the Summer U Crew website for more information and to apply for positions beginning in July!

Snow Shovelers Needed!

The City of Burlington is looking for volunteers for their Operation Snow Shovel program.  With every large storm there are new calls from people looking for help.  We have not received any new calls yet but expect to.  The program matches elderly and disabled people with volunteers who shovel their walk when there is 3 or more inches of snow with in 24-48 hours after a storm.  If you would like to help please contact Sara at 865-7548 or at [log in to unmask]

The Writing Center would LOVE your help!

The Writing Center is conducting a survey of the student body to determine better ways to publicize the services offered. This SHORT, 10 question survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete, and can serve as a GREAT way to procrastinate on homework! Results of this survey will be used in a student's research project in English 105, looking into better marketing strategies for the Writing Center. All responses to this survey are completely anonymous. Your involvement would be greatly appreciated!

~Thank You, The Writing Center

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=893185