   Fellow Students,

Only a couple more days until spring break!  Most of the announcements
below could be things to do when you're bored next week...write a poem
or dig up some artwork for Vantage Point, take a survey for the
Computer Depot or Writing Center, or be a good neighbor and shovel
someone's walk if you're staying in town.  If you're feeling really
ambitious, apply to be the SGA Treasurer!

Town Meeting Day had historic turnout this year!  It is estimated that
89 percent of Burlington's eligible voters came out to the polls.  We
were truly inspired to see so many of our peers participating and
making themselves heard.  If you haven't seen the election results
yet, you can find them here:

http://www.ci.burlington.vt.us/ct/elections/results-1.htm

Have a wonderful break and safe travels!

Always at your service,

Kesha and DaVaughn

-------------------------
In this email:

* What Is SGA Doing For You?

* This Week In Athletics...

* Vantage Point Submissions Due March 17th!

* Take a Survey About Your Computer Helpline and Depot Experiences...

* Visit Growing Vermont for Local Products in the DC

* 2008 Summer U Crew: Hot Jobs. Cool Cash.

* Volunteer With Operation Snow Shovel

* Help the Writing Center Help You!  Take the Survey...

-------------------------
WHAT IS SGA DOING FOR YOU?

  INTERESTED IN MANAGING A HUGE BUDGET AND HELPING OTHERS? APPLY TO BE
THE SGA TREASURER!
Applications for Treasurer of the Student Government Association are
now available in the SGA Office. Applications can be picked up between
9:00 am - 4:30 pm and must be returned by March 31, 2008.  Any
questions?  Stop by the SGA Finance Office (311-C Davis Center) or
email the current Treasurer, Sarah Shackett, at [log in to unmask]

  WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE SGA PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES THINK ABOUT YOUR ISSUES?
Submit questions for the Presidential Debate to Secretary of Elections
Emma Grady ([log in to unmask]).  Listen to the candidates' answers live
on Thursday, March 20th at 7:00 pm in Waterman Memorial Lounge!

-------------------------
THIS WEEK IN ATHLETICS...

   /Saturday, March 8/
Women's Basketball vs. Binghamton: Patrick Gymnasium @ 1:00 PM
-------------------------
March 17th submission deadline fast approaching!

   Vantage Point, UVM's literary/artistic magazine, is seeking
submissions of all sorts!  We welcome a wide variety of work- from
poetry, prose, personal essays, critical essays and short stories to
visual art of any medium.  Whether you prefer photography, sculpture,
painting, illustration, digitally manipulated images or printmaking,
we encourage your contribution.  All images are requested in .jpeg
form.  Please send any and all submissions (or enquiries) to
[log in to unmask] by March 17th for inclusion in this Spring's edition.
-------------------------

   Take a Survey About Your Computer Helpline and Depot Experiences...

This survey is about your most recent experience with the UVM Helpline
or UVM Computer Depot Clinic.  Please respond even if you have never
used the services, as we are trying to get a rough estimate of which
students use the services, and which do not.
Another main goal of our data collection is determining the best hours
of availability for students to access these services, so we are very
interested in the questions about hours of operation.  Thank you!

Link: http://www.uvm.edu/~helpline/surveys/etscs208/etscs208.htm
-------------------------

   Visit Growing Vermont for Local Products in the DC

"With 240,000 households in Vermont, it translates into about $1.3
billion spent on food by Vermonters each year. If Vermonters were to
shift just 10% of their food purchases to buying locally grown food
products, that could potentially add an additional $130 million to
Vermont's economy" --www.vermontagriculture.com

And did you know that we have a student run store right here on campus
that sells only local products?!   Well, we most certainly do, so be
sure to visit the Growing Vermont store in the Davis Student Center to
make a difference with your purchase.   Growing Vermont is located
across from the Print and Mail Center just down the hall from Brennans
pub.

Come visit us today!
-------------------------

   2008 Summer U Crew: Hot Jobs. Cool Cash.

Join Summer University in providing dynamic, quality experiences to
Summer high school, college, and international students! As a Program
Assistant (PA), you will be trained, supported, and supervised by a
Continuing Education professional Program Developer or Program
Coordinator.

Please visit the Summer U Crew website for more information and to
apply for positions beginning in July!
-------------------------

   Snow Shovelers Needed!

The City of Burlington is looking for volunteers for their Operation
Snow Shovel program.  With every large storm there are new calls from
people looking for help.  We have not received any new calls yet but
expect to.  The program matches elderly and disabled people with
volunteers who shovel their walk when there is 3 or more inches of
snow with in 24-48 hours after a storm.  If you would like to help
please contact Sara at 865-7548 or at [log in to unmask]
-------------------------

   The Writing Center would LOVE your help!

The Writing Center is conducting a survey of the student body to
determine better ways to publicize the services offered. This SHORT,
10 question survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete,
and can serve as a GREAT way to procrastinate on homework! Results of
this survey will be used in a student's research project in English
105, looking into better marketing strategies for the Writing Center.
All responses to this survey are completely anonymous. Your
involvement would be greatly appreciated!

~Thank You, The Writing Center

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=893185