From: Technology Discussion at UVM [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Helen Read
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NOD32 Build 650 Not Updating

At 02:15 PM 4/22/2008, you wrote:

This morning I installed the 650 build of NOD32 on two workstations.

As of right now, both of these workstations are returning the error "Virus
signature database could not be updated" and give me a virus signature DB of
2945 (20080313).  Checking a worksation with build 642 has no issues
updating and gives me a signature DB of 3046 (20080422).

Anyone else experiencing these symptoms?

I've been having similar issues with NOD32 today. My laptop (which is not
connected to the internet when at home, and had very out of date virus
signatures) was running an older build of NOD32, and failed repeatedly today
when it tried updating today. I installed build 650 and it still failed to
update. After doing some other things (e.g. uninstalling an old VPN and
installing the newest version), I tried again later and NOD32 did finally
succeed in updating the virus signatures. Meanwhile I also installed build
650 on my desktop PC, and it repeatedly fails on the update.

HPR

database 3046 (20080422) __________

http://www.eset.com