putting clips into powerpoint is the easy part, just choose insert,
movie which gets you the open dialog box where you just look for your
movie file, then click on the file.

clipping them from the dvd is the hard part as you need some software
to do that. i think this is your question. the short answer is you
need some movie editing software and i do not know what is available
on campus maybe someone else can help you there.

Be Cool,
     Bob E.

Robert M. Erickson
Senior Lecturer, Computer Science Department, University of Vermont
802.656.8137