Quoting Alison Pechenick <[log in to unmask]>:

> Chris, have you also considered the SONY eReader?  My husband is using
> one while we're on sabbatical, and really loves it.
>
> Here's a CNN "Smart Traveller" (Richard Quest) review we caught back in
> February.  See especially the fact that Kindle relies on wireless
> connectivity.  Our experience thus far says you can get the same books
> for either device, despite Amazon's Kindle-centricity.

Thanks Alison for the article.
I played with the eReader one night while at Borders. I was impressed
enough to start thinking about the ebook/e-ink thing again for real.
Since I'm more interested in converting my own docs and downloaded
books/documents/etc to put on it, the Kindle appears to have better
options.
The ability to do rudimentary web surfing and wikipedia searches is
highly appealing as well.
Lucky for me - having not been able to make up my mind for sure - the
kindle is still very sold out, so it's a good time for research.
Chris
--
Chris Moran________________________ [log in to unmask] ____.-"no comment"
________a.a.#707________WWRD - What Would Rob Do?______|              ,