CCleaner has been used in the CDC for 3 years, no bad results or problems.  It is available online free. You can get it from any CDC tech as well.

Carol Caldwell-Edmonds
ETS Client Services
University of Vermont
Manager, UVM Computing Help Line

On Apr 12, 2008, at 11:29 AM, Larry Kost wrote:
A faculty member in my department has been experiencing a "slow down" on one of his PCs and read somewhere that a "registry clean up" might help.  I see many ads for registry cleaners.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  What's good and what's not so good? Does this type of software actually do any good?   If one opts for this path, aside from making a restore point, are there other things to do to avoid disaster?

Larry Kost