   This may help:

   http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052742911033.aspx

   The resulting conversions (from WP to Word) are not perfect but
will pick up some formatting.

   If I recall correctly, the wordPerfect convertor is not installed
by default when installing Word. Here's how to do it:

   Install the file format converters as follows:Install the file
format converters as follows:

   * Exit all programs.
   * In Windows XP, click Start, click Control Panel, then
double-click Add or Remove Programs
   * In the  CURRENTLY INSTALLED PROGRAMS list, click either MICROSOFT
OFFICE 2003 or MICROSOFT OFFICE WORD 2003 (depending on whether you
installed Word as part of Office or as an individual program), and
then click CHANGE.

   The Configuration Wizard opens.
   * On the MAINTENANCE MODE OPTIONS page, click ADD OR REMOVE
FEATURES, and then click NEXT.

   If you installed Word as part of Office, then on the CUSTOM SETUP
page, select the CHOOSE ADVANCED CUSTOMIZATION OF APPLICATIONS check
box, and then click NEXT.
   * On the ADVANCED CUSTOMIZATION page, click the plus sign (+) next
to OFFICE SHARED FEATURES.
   * Click the plus sign (+) next to CONVERTERS AND FILTERS, and then
click the plus sign (+) next to TEXT CONVERTERS.
   * Click the arrow next to either WORDPERFECT 5.X CONVERTER or
WORDPERFECT 6.X CONVERTER, and then click RUN FROM MY COMPUTER.