Hi Hope, unfortunately I believe that the client is running MacOS.

On Apr 30, 2008, at 1:55 PM, Hope Greenberg wrote:

This may help:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052742911033.aspx

The resulting conversions (from WP to Word) are not perfect but will pick up some formatting.

If I recall correctly, the wordPerfect convertor is not installed by default when installing Word. Here's how to do it:

Install the file format converters as follows:

Install the file format converters as follows:
  1. Exit all programs.
  2. In Windows XP, click Start, click Control Panel, then double-click Add or Remove Programs
  3. In the Currently installed programs list, click either Microsoft Office 2003 or Microsoft Office Word 2003 (depending on whether you installed Word as part of Office or as an individual program), and then click Change.

    The Configuration Wizard opens.

  4. On the Maintenance Mode Options page, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.

    If you installed Word as part of Office, then on the Custom Setup page, select the Choose advanced customization of applications check box, and then click Next.

  5. On the Advanced Customization page, click the plus sign (+) next to Office Shared Features.
  6. Click the plus sign (+) next to Converters and Filters, and then click the plus sign (+) next to Text Converters.
  7. Click the arrow next to either WordPerfect 5.x Converter or WordPerfect 6.x Converter, and then click Run from My Computer.

Quoting Dean Williams <[log in to unmask]>:

> A client needs to translate a large number of documents originally
> written with WordPerfect for Macintosh.

Andrew Hendrickson
CAS, IT Administrator
UVM, College of Arts & Sciences