-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Huntington Town Clerk - Heidi
Racht
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 10:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Polling in Schools - Query for Clerks

Hello Clerks,

The issue of school security in our town has now come up in the context
of the two elections this fall.

In our town, visitors are now required to sign in at a desk near the
school office and wear a badge.

What happens on Election Day? How do we maintain security and safety in
the school when it is wide open to whoever comes through the door on
this one day?

It hasn't been an issue for Town Meeting, because, of course, there is
no school.

The parking lot and buses coming and going isn't an issue either.

Can clerks who hold elections at their town's schools please respond?

Thanks, in advance.

Heidi Racht