My apologies for multiple postings! Please forward to anyone you think would
be interested.

VCGI would like to announce several events we are sponsoring that are coming
up in the next few months:

*Web Mapping: the New Geography - a conference exploring the world of Web
Mapping (June 2, 2008)

We've all been bowled over by the success and impact of Google Earth and
other online mapping services over the past few years. In the hopes that you
are as intrigued by the potential for this increase in geographic awareness
and accessibility as we are, we offer a conference that will explore this
"new geography." Whether you are an avid Earth Ogler or a GIS professional
hoping to add web mapping skills to your tool belt, you will encounter a
wealth of information at the New Geography Conference. (all day, $25, more
details and registration on-line: http://www.vcgi.org/geoweb )

*Introduction to GIS Training (Rutland in July or Montpelier in August)

VCGI is offering a 12-hour course (consisting of three 4-hour classes) for
municipal officials, K-12 educators, and others this summer.The course will
be offered in Montpelier and Rutland. The fee for the course is $50 and
includes a 170-page training manual. This course will provide training
designed to teach basic Geographic Information Systems (GIS) knowledge and
skills. It is not required that the intended participant have any prior
experience using GIS, but familiarity with using computers (especially basic
file management) is important. Using free software (ArcExplorer - Java
Edition for Education (v2.2.3)) participants will explore mapping options
and resources that they can continue to use when they return to their office
or classroom. Exercises and supplemental information provide additional
opportunities for exploration. Offered in Rutland July 9, 16, and 23 and in
Montpelier August 6, 13 and 20. More details and registration form at web
page -
http://www.vcgi.org/commres/?page=./events/training/default_content.cfm#intr

Questions? Contact me!

Leslie Pelch
Outreach Coordinator
Vermont Center for Geographic Information, Inc.
58 South Main Street, Suite 2
Waterbury, VT 05676
(Tel) 802-882-3002
(Fax) 802-882-3001