With regards to sending ballots out to all absentee requesters from the first vote – what about those that were sent to out-of-state addresses?  People were in Florida for the winter and may now be back, military people might be back from deployment, etc.

Carol Dawes

Barre City Clerk/Treasurer

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathy DeWolfe
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Absentee ballot for new budget

Hi Birdie,

It is our opinion that you honor past requests for that annual meeting and that you also honor new requests for absentee ballots even if a person did not vote on the budget the first time.  The law is silent.

Best, Kathy

Kathleen S. DeWolfe

Director of Elections & Campaign Finance

VT Office of the Secretary of State

26 Terrace Street

Montpelier, VT 05609-1101

(802) 828-2304