We have 1400 people on our voter checklist.  We also have one Accuvote tabulator that is used at our elections.  I love it, my workers like it, and the BCA really loves it!!!!  It makes counting a breeze and is truly accurate.

It does cost to program the ballots for each election (Town Meeting ballot cost us $1,000 to program) but it is worth it.  There is also an annual maintenance agreement with LHS that costs about $175.

Joan Devine

Vergennes City Clerk

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Town of Hardwick
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 12:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Vote Tabulator Love It or Hate It

Hi All

I am looking for feedback from any one who uses the vote tabulator machine. I am going before my Select Board on Thursday night to discuss it one last time and want to hear from anyone that loves or hates their machine. Hardwick has a voter checklist of approximately 2300. I really appreciate any information you can pass along.

Thank you,

Alberta Miller

Town Clerk, Hardwick