Michael Balter wrote:
> It would be very refreshing if Louis or others who comment on my posting
> of material about Cuba actually engage with the content of the articles
> I post, and on whether they are accurate or accurately reflect the
> situation in that country, rather than bring in issues that are
> extraneous to the matter at hand.

I will continue to make these points as long as you refuse to
acknowledge that the playing field is not level. Any other country that
had to put up with the kind of military and military aggression that
Cuba has would most surely be less democratic. In 1942 the US threw
Japanese-Americans into concentration camps because it was at war with
Japan. That's how "democracies" act when under threat. On its worst
days, Cuba never did anything like that.