Jim West's post really makes my point for me. He cites Dr. Boyd Haley,
obviously thinking that his statements represent a strong argument for Jim's
point of view. But for every Boyd Haley, I can find 10 or 100 equally
qualified experts to say that there is no link between vaccines and autism,
just as I can find hundreds of PhD's to counter the small handful of climate
change denialists, AIDS denialists, Darwin denialists, ESP proponents, etc.
Of course, the conspiracy theorist counters that all of these people are
bought off establishment scientists; this, again, is why a science for the
people has to be based on the scientific method or it is useless.

I will respond to Herb's very interesting post about science for the people
once I have read the materials he presented.

MB

--
www.michaelbalter.com

Michael Balter