Michael Goldhaber,

It is generous of you "not to say that unlimited number of vaccinations is
unproblematic".

You accuse Cornelia Read of being myopic, seeing vaccines as the only cause
of autism, but she is just saying that vaccines are a very obvious cause.
Parent's are reporting an obvious sequence of events:  vaccines are
administered, child screams interminably, child becomes mute, child becomes
neurologically impaired.

You claim Cornelia's mercury dosage (as ppb) review is wrong, but if you do
the math (for a 10 lb infant), her argument becomes extremely compelling.
Cornelia provides the data (see her URL below).

The effectiveness of her blog is that it shows quite graphically that that
which was once 'arguable', we now realize was exploitive and dangerous.

In other words, the history of medicine enables us to understand its present
character.

With regard to your salute to the effectiveness of vaccines, those beliefs
are usually, if not always, based on disease paradigms that omit
environmental studies.

The second part of your salute appears to exhort "leftists" towards
vaccination enforcement.  Without reviewing disease paradigms in terms of
environment, the left may just be facilitating rightist exploitation.

-Jim West
NYC
========

http://kimstagliano.blogspot.com/2008/03/medical-mistakes-throughout-ages-thank.html