Took a walk today in the woods behind our house, as the paths are
nearly completely clear of snow and ice now.  I found where the
(possibly Cooper's) hawk goes to feast on (apparently) Junco
(apparently) often.
Is it odd that the site for the feasting is atop a dead tree trunk
that was uprooted?  I would have imagined the bird choosing a place
higher up, especially as this is right beside the path.  A little
further up (in each direction), there were furballs strewn along the
path.  Could that be the Cooper's too?  Or should I suspect an
owl?  Just looked like fur without bones (should I suspect a fox?),
but I didn't investigate further.  Will bring the camera next
time.  Also found a dead tree with numerous holes, some quite
fresh.  When I get some photos, I'll post a link.

Oh, and hey, what bird, in a mixed deciduous and pine woods, along a
flowing stream makes the sweet call:
treet treet treeeeeeeeeeee tree'-et!  (the accented syllable being a
tad higher than the rest)?

Here at the house we had Juncos, Song Sparrow, Red-Winged Blackbirds,
Chickadees, Bluejay, American Robin, and Northern Cardinals (offering
their 'chew chew triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilll' call today for the first time).

Fabulous week ahead.  Ahhhhhh.  ~ June in Jericho