First (only one) CHIPPING SPARROW of the year this afternoon.  The
male GOLDFINCHES are a beautiful very bright yellow!  No females around though.

Weird happening here last Monday, April 14.  I had approx 7-8 TURKEY
VULTURES circling EXTREMELY low over my backyard late in the
morning.  Later in the day, my best buddy, CJ (healthy dog - age 11)
became acutely sick suddenly; rushed him to the vet, where his
suffering was ended.  Now, I'm not an overly superstitious person (a
heartbroken one, yes), yet it was all very strange.

Don't think I'll ever see a Turkey Vulture now w/out thinking of my pal.

Laurie Miner
West Brattleboro