After all the many reports of flocks of common redpolls in VT, MA and NH, I finally had one to
come to my feeder yesterday, a solitary female who stopped by briefly and flew off, not to
return again. But at least I got a couple of photos:
http://www.onejackdaw.com/Birds_8_0408.html

Today I observed a little brown bat flying low over the water at the SIT reservoir by the soccer
field. I watched for about 30 minutes as it coursed back and forth over the water in broad
daylight. I hope it got some food - mosquitoes are out:  I almost got bit by one. Here are
some photos:
http://www.onejackdaw.com/Bat_0408.html

Next project: putting up a bat house.

Hilke Breder