Hi, all,
There has been a major changing of the guard here.  The three dozen
or so REDPOLLS that have been eating us out of house and home all
winter have packed their little bags and left, to be replaced by
about the same number of SLATE-COLORED JUNCOS (surely just passing
through to the mountains).  The 5 or 6 TREE SPARROWS that have been
on the ground all winter are now emboldened to the vacated thistle
feeders.  We are also enjoying about 4 FOX SPARROWS.
Yesterday and today we saw a NORTHERN HARRIER flying over the fields.

It's also great that the RED-WINGS, GRACKLES, ROBINS, and SONG
SPARROWS are back and making music.  The CARDINAL is also now
breaking into song.  We now await  our bluebirds, tree swallows,
phoebes, and everything else springlike that all you guys over beyond
the Greens are cheerily bragging about!

Enjoy.
Janet Watton
Randolph Center