I got a reply suggesting that the banded Raven may have been one raised by
Bernd Heinrich, author of The Mind of The Raven.   I called Bernd and the
birds he lost had been living in with some acquaintances who maintained an
aviary in this area last year.  He thought that the calm manner displayed by
the banded Raven seen here in Fayston sounded consistent with the birds he
had lost and so he is going to look into it.

Jeannie

Two Dog Mountain

Fayston

Checked by AVG.