Yesterday morning I headed into the woods to see what was  happening at the
Red-tailed Hawk's nest.  I could just barely see the adult's head above the
rim of the nest;  the new leaves had developed to the point where they had
started to obstruct my view.  For now it appears that all is right at the
nest!   In the afternoon I spent some time down at our lower barn area
cleaning up winter debris and spotted our first Barn Swallow sitting on the
wire beteen the two barns.  I also spent some time watching a pair of
Bluebirds investigating a couple of houses.   I'm wondering if we have two
pair?  I've been watching a pair from up here at the house,  also in the
investigation stage.  I guess time will tell.

Over the weekend we will be erecting the posts for the Kestrel box!!!  I
know that I'm too late for any chance of a pair this year but at least I'll
be ready for next year!!!!

Mundi
Pownal

Mundi Smithers