This morning as I watched a group of Redpolls at the feeders, I noticed that
they seemed especially nervous. Suddenly, a large male Northern Harrier flew
low over the feeders, and to my surprise, the Redpolls flew up at it,
following and chasing the Harrier. I continued to watch as they all flew off
as a group into the distance. It was quite a sight.

Is this typical behavior for the Redpolls? Has anyone else observed a
similar incident? Earlier this winter I saw a Barred Owl fly by the feeders,
also being followed by a group of Redpolls.