  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; } It
is likely that the other crows with the one carrying nestring material
are the mate and the young from last year.  Families stay together in
some species, at least for the year following hatching.
 Eve Ticknor
 Coordinator OFNC Falcon Watch
 38-9 Gillespie Cres
 Ottawa, On K1V 9t5
 613-859-9545
 613-737-7551
 On Wed 2/04/08 9:14 AM , Ruth Stewart [log in to unmask] sent:
  Mon. 4/1/08
 2 Sharpshins - moving N
 1 Red-tail - probable resident
 1 Kestral - picking at food - alas! something taking advantage of
the dead bats around here! Neighbor has reported CROWS picking at dead
bats in his yard too.
 Speaking of CROWS - have witnessed a Crow with grasses and stick
flying to tree across road from house. Haven't exactly nailed the nest
yet. I didn't realize that nesting activity began so soon with crows.
Interestingly, there are 3-5 crows that seem to be 'tending' the area
and crow where the crow went with the nesting material. Can anyone
comment on this behavior?
 Tues. 4/2/08
 1 Merlin - long view from warmth of house this am. Bird clinging to
tree top fighting the heavy winds
 100+ Robins 'foraging' briefly on the frozen lawn. WOW
 3/27/08
 10 Great Blue Herons back on heronry E. side of RT 7 just N of
Arlington. The waters underneath we still mostly ice covered. All were
occuping (as in sitting) on nests or standing nearby. Did anyone
observe these herons at an earlier date?
 Ruth Stewart
 E. Dorset

http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A
[1]