Hello All,

I watched a Caspian Tern stooping down and calling out quite loudly over a
Beaver (again and again) all the way across Shelburne Bay at 6:35 this
morning. The Beaver didn't seem to be bothered at all by this activity.
After that I met up with Jim Osborn in the LaPlatte River Marsh Natural Area
and we located 3 Pine Warblers, 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and heard a
Greater Yellowlegs call while flying over the treetops. (I later saw another one
in a flooded section of the viewing area on Rte. 17 in Addison. It was
accompanied by a Killdeer and a Wilson's Snipe).
I then went to Charlotte Town Beach and found a Boneparte's Gull (not quite
in full breeding plumage). (I later found another one in Button Bay).
I then headed to Ten Acres Campgounds in Addison(on Rte.125) to see if the
Purple Martins had returned yet. I found 1 male and 2 females in one of the
two Martin houses next to Ten Acres Rd. I spoke with the Campgrounds owner
and asked her when the Purple Martins had arrived. She said that they noticed
them on the utility wires two days ago, and that's when the owners put the
Martin houses back up for the summer. The Martins started using them right
after they went up.
I've also heard an American Bittern's "gulping" call from 7:00 to 7:30pm the
past two evenings at Colchester Pond.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead