Hi All,

My fiancee Deb Stark and I tried to get the Sandhill Crane(s) at Bristol Pond
this evening. On the way out there we did not find them. We then went to
the Dead Creek WMA/Brilyea Rd. and walked along the east trail. Deb spotted
a Hermit Thrush for us and we also saw a Brown Thrasher.
We stopped back at Bristol Pond on the way home. We glassed the area south
of the boat access and spotted a summer rust-stained plummaged Sandhill
Crane preening itself pretty far out across the open water in the marshy area.
We were treated with exceptionally good and long looks through the scope at
this beauty. We did not find its' mate and I am wondering if it may have been
on the nest...   A great early evening outing with an even greater finish. We
saw the Crane at 7:05pm.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead