Here is a late report from Monday from Westmore. I was surprised to find so many birds on territory- I actually have seen more migrants in northern Vermont than in the Boston area this spring! There still is a lot of snow in the woods. When I arrived Saturday AM there was just a patch of bare ground in our meadow at 1800 feet- by Monday afternoon it was almost totally gone!

I've included some photos taken at Moose Bog on Sunday. You can see them at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rstymeist/sets/72157604698107315/

Location:     Westmore, Orleans County, VT, US
Observation date:     4/21/08
Number of species:     37

Mallard     2
Ruffed Grouse     1
Turkey Vulture     1
Wilson's Snipe     2  (winnowing)
American Woodcock     3
Mourning Dove     6
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker     3
Downy Woodpecker     1
Hairy Woodpecker     2
Northern Flicker     3
Pileated Woodpecker     1
Eastern Phoebe     1
Blue-headed Vireo     2  (singing on territory)
American Crow     2
Common Raven     1
Tree Swallow     12  (checking out bird boxes)
Black-capped Chickadee     20
Red-breasted Nuthatch     3
White-breasted Nuthatch     1
Winter Wren     2
Golden-crowned Kinglet     6
Ruby-crowned Kinglet     8
Hermit Thrush     5  (all males singing)
American Robin     32
European Starling     6
Yellow-rumped Warbler     10 (all singing)
Chipping Sparrow     2
Fox Sparrow     2  (singing)
Song Sparrow     7
White-throated Sparrow     12
Dark-eyed Junco     16
Red-winged Blackbird     4
Common Grackle     6
Pine Grosbeak     1f  (surprised to find one still around)
Purple Finch     12
American Goldfinch     1
Evening Grosbeak     2

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org/massaudubon/)
Bob Stymeist
Westmore, VT, Arlington, MA
Compete with the big boys.  Click here to find products to benefit your business.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3m7tD6PD4ktdZdISWWCh9JzTKuln4NSTgBHopTzfkgW8Rfod/