http://www.azstarnet.com/dailystar/234163

The trail referred to in the article is pretty cool. Lots of climbing brings
you to an arch at the top of a cliff with a view of the city. As someone who
hiked it and many others in the range solo, I always wondered if I was being
watched.

Two points of correction: (1) catamounts have no natural fear of humans, so
there is none for them to lose and (2) daytime catamount activity is not
"unusual." (Source: personal discussion with top lion biologist). Stalking
is a natural behavior. (I know a fellow who was trail running once and
noticed a lion "pacing" him further up the hillside. I believe he set a
personal best time.)

caveat lector