OK, the short version, 'cuz I'm probably not going to get around to a
long version:
Skinned up to hojo's with waaaay too much parc on Monday morning.
Skied Hillman's from Christmas Tree down Monday afternoon, which was
good (but slightly firm).  We also did some digging to make the
entrance to our shelter a bit more usable (the entrances were sort of
dug out, but they lacked any sort of stairs or even bootpack steps,
and the snow was darn near the roofline).

Tuesday morning, we summitted; I was comfortable on the summit with a
light Ibex softshell over  a Cap 3 t-neck.  That's how nice it was.
The snowfields skied nicely, although they had an interesting crust
layer in places; we skied down over the Lip and into the bowl, and
then I went back up to catch Sluice.

Wednesday morning, we had a mishap that involved evac'ing a member of
our party (folks, watch out for falling ice at the Lunch Rocks); I
hiked back into the bowl after helping with the litter and took a run
from the snowfields down either skier's left of Center Headwall or
Chute (not sure which line name is most appropriate; I was just
skier's left of the major buttress to skier's right of Center Headwall).

Thursday morning, we skied the 1969 slide on Lion's Head, which was
awesome; in the afternoon, I caught up with my brother and we joined
other members of the Bolton crew in hitting Hillman's from the top.
The snow was a little crispy up top, where the wind was viciously
depleting it of softness, but it turned rather nice through the middle
section and got downright mushy near the bottom.

Friday wasn't bluebird like Monday through Thursday were, and things
looked not to be softening up anytime soon, so we elected to ski down
and out without taking a run first.   After finally getting to the
bottom with a 60-lb pack and a makeshift pulk that didn't handle quite
as well as we had hoped on the downhill, I was quite glad that I
hadn't pushed myself to take a quick run in the morning--the Sherbie
is plenty long enough when you've got a ridiculous amount of weight
with you.

Overall, it was an absolutely wonderful week.  I'm hoping to get back
sometime soon, but probably for a midweek day trip--that 60-lb pack
just wasn't a whole lot of fun.

Kevin T. Broderick