Photos for many of the birds listed below at:

	http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/_2008-05-10.php

This morning, I birded the Hinsdale setback and had some nice
sightings: two kinds of flycatchers (not sure which kind yet, but I
got photos) blue-gray gnatcatchers, a scarlet tanager, common
yellowthroats, yellow warblers, yellow-rumped warblers, one great
blue heron, many red-winged blackbirds and grackles, multiple
orioles, several canada geese and one eastern kingbird.  The kingbird
photo, by the way, is a real treat: I got it just as it was
swallowing a bug:

	http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/3357.php

Later, in Brattleboro, there were -many- chipping sparrows chasing
one another around, as well as a savannah sparrow and FOY bobolinks.
Again, multiple grackles & red-winged blackbirds, plus many starlings
and house sparrows.  In that group, I got a very nice photo of one
chipping sparrow flying towards another:

	http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/3359.php

We then checked out Krif Road in Keene in search of pipits.  No luck
with the pipits but we got a sparrow I can't seem to figure out.
White eye ring and pink legs, streaking on chest and sides under
wings, (but not stomach), mostly white throat with two dark streaks
coming from the beak down and outwards.  Got two very clear photos of
the bird, and after looking through my books, I decided it was best
to consult a panel of experts (that's where all of you come in):

	http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/3363.php
	http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/3362.php

Finally, at home, some nice feeder birds.  Orioles, pine siskins,
american goldfinches, hairy woodpecker, a -huge- flock of tree
sparrows flying all over the neighborhood, a red-tailed hawk flyover,
a cooper's hawk flyover, grackles, red-winged blackbirds, mourning
doves, cardinals, rose-breasted grosbeaks, a ruby-throated
hummingbird, black-capped chickadees, blue jays.

Also, at Allen Brothers Marsh, there was an Eastern Kingbird which
couldn't be budged standing in the same tree where they nested last
year, so I suspect there will be another nest, plus the Sora is still
calling, though from further away than yesterday and still not
visible.

If anyone can help me out with the mystery flycatchers and sparrow,
I'd appreciate it.  The sparrow did not vocalize.

--julie

	this is not true.

			--Robert Wilensky