The problem with reading this email list for us here in the Northeast
Kingdom is that we have to be so-o-o patient! Some of you were reporting
warblers while we still had a foot of snow on the ground. But finally,
they've returned.
In our yard in Newport:
5/5 - Yellow-rumped warbler, first of the year
Today, they just fell out of the sky!
5/8 - Redstart
Black-throated Blue Warblers
Black-throated Green Warblers
Northern Parula
Black and white Warbler
Pine Warbler

The hummers have traditionally returned to Newport on May 8. Right on
schedule, a beautiful male Ruby-throated Hummingbird showed up today to
feast on the daffodils, tulips and hyacinth.

Newport's had it's share of bears in the past week also, two adults and two
cubs. We've been taking our feeders in at night now. But we heard of one
resident who left a feeder that was located high on their house, thinking it
was safe from bear raids. Maybe it was, but now the house has big claw marks
all down the side.

Bill & Jeanne Prue
Newport